NYRA To Offer New York Stakes Turf Bonus And Flower Bowl Bonus

The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) will see its Turf Triple series for fillies incentivized by a pair of lucrative bonus opportunities at the upcoming Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course meets.

“The bonus system is a win-win for the 3-year-old filly Turf Triple series winners as they progress to their 4 and 5-year-old seasons,” said Martin Panza, NYRA senior vice president of racing operations. “NYRA wants the best turf fillies and mares pointing towards our races, providing our fans with top-class events.”

The Turf Triple series for fillies kicks off July 10 at Belmont with the Grade 1, $700,000 Belmont Oaks Invitational. The series continues with the Grade 3, $700,000 Saratoga Oaks Invitational on August 8 at Saratoga and is completed by the Jockey Club Oaks at the Belmont fall meet.

NYRA is offering a pair of unique bonus opportunities as further incentive for owners to participate in the prestigious series.

The “New York Stakes Turf Bonus” will provide $315,000 to the owner and $35,000 to the trainer of any previous winner of the Belmont Oaks, Saratoga Oaks or Jockey Club Oaks who captures the 2021 edition of the Grade 2, $750,000 New York, a 10-furlong turf test for older fillies and mares to be held June 4 at Belmont

The “Flower Bowl Bonus” will provide $300,000 to the owner and $30,000 to the trainer of any previous winner of the Belmont Oaks, Saratoga Oaks or Jockey Club Oaks, who captures the Grade 1, $600,000 Flower Bowl, an 11-furlong test for fillies and mares 4-years-old and up on September 4 at Saratoga. The Flower Bowl is a Breeders' Cup “Win and You're In” event offering a berth in the Grade 1 Filly and Mare Turf in November at Del Mar.

The Turf Triple series, launched by NYRA in 2019, showcases the best 3-year-old turf runners in the country.

Concrete Rose captured two-thirds of the inaugural Turf Triple series for fillies with wins in the 2019 Belmont Oaks and Saratoga Oaks. The France-based Edisa captured the 2019 Jockey Club Oaks.

In August, Godolphin homebred Antoinette, trained by Hall of Famer Bill Mott, won the 2020 Saratoga Oaks ahead of a runner-up effort to Lael Stables' Magic Attitude, conditioned by Arnaud Delacour, in the Grade 1 Belmont Oaks on September 19. The Jockey Club Oaks was not contested last year due to a reduced stakes schedule caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

For more information, visit NYRA.com.

The post NYRA To Offer New York Stakes Turf Bonus And Flower Bowl Bonus appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

NYRA to Offer New York Turf Stakes Bonus and Flower Bowl Bonus

NYRA's Turf Triple series for fillies will be incentivized by a pair of lucrative bonus opportunities at the upcoming Belmont Park and Saratoga meets.

The Turf Triple series for fillies kicks off July 10 at Belmont with the $700,000 GI Belmont Oaks Invitational S. The series continues with the $700,000 GIII Saratoga Oaks Invitational Aug. 8 and is completed by the Jockey Club Oaks at the Belmont fall meet.

The “New York Stakes Turf Bonus” will provide $315,000 to the owner and $35,000 to the trainer of any previous winner of the Belmont Oaks, Saratoga Oaks or Jockey Club Oaks who captures the 2021 edition of the $750,000 GII New York S. June 4 at Belmont.

The “Flower Bowl Bonus” will provide $300,000 to the owner and $30,000 to the trainer of any previous winner of the filly Turf Triple events, who captures the $600,000 GI Flower Bowl S. Sept. 4 at Saratoga. The Flower Bowl is a Breeders' Cup “Win and You're In” event offering a berth in the GI Breeders' Cup F/M Turf S. in November at Del Mar.

“The bonus system is a win-win for the 3-year-old filly Turf Triple series winners as they progress to their 4- and 5-year-old seasons,” said Martin Panza, NYRA Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. “NYRA wants the best turf fillies and mares pointing towards our races, providing our fans with top class events.”

The post NYRA to Offer New York Turf Stakes Bonus and Flower Bowl Bonus appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

Aqueduct Adds March 25 To Racing Calendar After Pair Of Cancellations

The New York State Gaming Commission has approved a request from NYRA, NYTHA and NYTB to add Thursday, March 25 to the Aqueduct racing calendar.

The request was made following the cancelation of two cards during the Aqueduct Racetrack winter meet.

The Dec. 17 card was canceled due to a winter storm, while high winds and extreme cold resulted in the cancelation of the Jan. 28 card.

The post Aqueduct Adds March 25 To Racing Calendar After Pair Of Cancellations appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Joseph To Send Either Drain The Clock, Super Strong For 50-Point Gotham

Trainer Saffie Joseph, Jr. said he is likely to ship a graded stakes winner to Aqueduct Racetrack for the Grade 3, $300,000 Gotham on March 6, which offers 50-20-10-5 Kentucky Derby qualifying points to the top-four finishers.

The South Florida-based conditioner will likely send either Drain the Clock or Super Strong for the historic one-turn mile event and could reach a verdict following their next breezes this weekend.

Owned by Nick Cosato's Slam Dunk Racing, Madaket Stable, Wonder Stable and Michael Nentwig, Drain the Clock was an open-lengths winner of his last two starts, both of which were stakes at Gulfstream Park. After making his seasonal bow with a 7 ½-length romp in the Limehouse on Jan. 2, he scored in his graded stakes debut in the Grade 3 Swale on January 30 at seven furlongs. The son of Maclean's Music sat off the flank of pacesetter Poppy's Pride from the two path and took command at the far turn, powering home a 6 ¼-length winner.

Joseph, Jr. said that either the Gotham or the Grade 2, $300,000 Fountain of Youth on Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park are in play for Drain the Clock.

“We'll work him Sunday and get a better idea from there. Right now, it's still undecided,” Joseph, Jr. said.

Sonata Stable's Super Strong became a Group 1 winner on debut in the Classico Agustin Mercado Revron at Camarero in Puerto Rico.

The son of 2010 Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver will work on Saturday morning and could target either the Gotham or the Grade 2, $400,000 Tampa Bay Derby on March 6 at Tampa Bay Downs.

Owned by Sonata Stable, Super Strong was a 2 ½ length winner of his career debut contested over sloppy conditions under jockey Juan Diaz. His most recent breeze was a sharp five-furlong move in 59.60 seconds over the Palm Meadows Training Track on Feb. 13.

“The jockey that rode him that day has rode a lot of good horses and said that he needed a chance in the states,” said Joseph, Jr. “I really liked his last work. He did everything right and he galloped out really well. The real test will be how he runs next.”

The post Joseph To Send Either Drain The Clock, Super Strong For 50-Point Gotham appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Verified by MonsterInsights