Heffernan To Ride Princess Zoe

Seamie Heffernan will ride Princess Zoe (Ger) (Jukebox Jury {Ire}) in Sunday’s G1 Prix Royal-Oak, with regular rider Joey Sheridan serving a 12-day ban for his use of the whip on the 5-year-old mare during her half-length win in the G1 Prix du Cadran on Oct. 3. The Cadran was the pinnacle of a meteoric rise for the Tony Mullins-trained grey; Princess Zoe was purchased from Germany earlier this year off a mark of 64 and has since won five straight races and is now rated 109.

“She’s as fit as she can be,” said Mullins. “Seamie sat on her on Sunday. He was very happy with her, and we were very happy with him. Joey is obviously suspended, which is a shame. He got six days for too many strikes with the whip, and they doubled the penalty because it was a Group 1, which is a rule I couldn’t find in any rule book anywhere. Anyway, that’s the way it goes.

“We’re very happy with the mare. All I can say is that in the back of my mind I’m thinking a two-and-a-half-mile race less than three weeks ago has to take its toll at some stage, but there is no evidence at the moment, so we’re set to go. We’ve done all our blood tests, and everything is perfect. I would say the next one is the acid test, in the last 100 metres next Sunday.”

The post Heffernan To Ride Princess Zoe appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

ITBA Autumn Series of Online Workshops Announced

The ITBA Autumn Series of Online Workshops was revealed by the ITBA on Monday. The three workshops are free, as due to COVID-19 fees have been waved. The schedule is as follows:

  • Workshop 1: Mental Health First Aid on Oct. 29 from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
  • Workshop 2: Introduction to Equisoft on Nov. 5 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
  • Workshop 3: Introduction to ZOOM Online Meeting on Nov. 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

For more information on the workshops and to sign up, email kryan@itba.ie.

The post ITBA Autumn Series of Online Workshops Announced appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

Mobil Solution Tops OTBO Sale

Two-time Ohio-bred stakes winner Mobil Solution (Mobil) attracted a final bid of $88,000 to top the Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners (OTBO) 2020 Mixed Sale held Oct. 15, 2020, at the Delaware County Fairgrounds.

Offered on behalf of the Estate of Gerald Silver, the 5-year-old won the 2017 Joshua Radosevich Memorial S. and the Governor’s Buckeye Cup in 2019 and just two days prior to the OTBO sale, made a one-mile Thistledown allowance his 10th victory from 31 career starts. Mobil Solution will continue his career for winning bidder Carmine Agnello and trainer Jeff Skerrett.

A total of 74 horses changed hands for gross receipts of $528,500.

“The Sales Committee of the OTBO, along with the support of the Ohio HBPA and all its horsemen and women, worked extremely hard to provide an attractive marketplace for both buyers and sellers,” said OTBO Executive Director Michael Annechino. “The horses that went through the ring looked spectacular and offered tremendous value in all categories.”

The OTBO has scheduled an Online Stallion Season auction fo Dec. 7 through 10. For more information, visit www.otbo.com.

The post Mobil Solution Tops OTBO Sale appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

Stakes Winner Mobil Solution Tops Ohio Mixed Sale

The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Mixed Sale took place on Oct. 15 at the Delaware County Fairgrounds in Delaware Ohio, spearheaded by the $88,000 purchase of Ohio-bred year-end award winner Mobil Solution.

Over 150 people turned out on a Thursday afternoon amidst a festive setting at the historic Delaware County Fairgrounds. Seventy-four lots went through the auction ring, with 62 changing hands for revenues of $432,300 and an average sale price of $6,972. Most of the winning bidders were on-site but several horses were purchased through the online and phone-in bidding options.

The sale topper was Hip 12, the Ohio-bred Mobil Solution. Sold by the Estate of Gerald Silver, the multiple stakes-winning 5-year-old gelding was acquired by Carmine Agnello for $88,000. The son of top Ohio sire Mobil will now be trained by Jeff Skerrett.

Mobil Solution was Ohio's champion 3-year-old male of 2018, and last year's champion Ohio-accredited male. He's an eight-time stakes winner with earnings of more than $500,000. Just two days before the sale, Mobil Solution won a Thistledown allowance race by three-quarters of a length for trainer Michael Rone.

The sale's top yearling was Wildcat Bill, a first-crop Wildcat Red colt who sold to William Spitler for $26,000.

The Ohio-bred colt is out of the winning Quiet American mare Polite Company. His extended family includes Peruvian champion Al Kadir, Puerto Rican champion Awesome Warrior, Jamaican champion Sorrentino's Star, and Grade 3-placed stakes winner Val d'Enchere. He was consigned by Stallion Ventures.

“What a fantastic day for Ohio racing,” said OTBO executive director Mike Annechino. “The sales committee of the OTBO, along with the support of the Ohio HBPA and all its horsemen and women, worked extremely hard to provide an attractive marketplace for both buyers and sellers. The horses that went through the ring looked spectacular and offered tremendous value in all categories. The excellent sales results prove once again that racing in Ohio is the best bet in the business.”

The Ohio racing program offers year-round racing with 43 stakes races for Ohio-breds totaling over $3.6 million in annual purses.

To view the auction's full results, click here.

The post Stakes Winner Mobil Solution Tops Ohio Mixed Sale appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Verified by MonsterInsights