Where to Watch/Listen: Horse Racing Coverage for Oct. 21-25

The horse racing world like all other areas of society continues to make changes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and public health crisis. Most racetracks currently operating are doing so without spectators, and have instituted strict safety screening protocols for essential employees who are already on the grounds to provide daily care for horses.

Read More...

Source of original post

Ghaiyyath Retired To Kildangan

Four-time Group 1 winner Ghaiyyath (Ire) (Dubawi {Ire}-Nightime {Ire}, by Galileo {Ire}) has been retired from racing after exhibiting muscle soreness. He will stand at Darley’s Kildangan Stud next year.

Bred by the Weld family’s Springbank Way Stud, Ghaiyyath was a standout from the start being out of the G1 Irish 1000 Guineas winner Nightime. He cost Godolphin €1.1-million at the 2015 Goffs November Foal Sale and showed promise soon after joining trainer Charlie Appleby, breaking his maiden at second asking at two before taking the G3 Autumn S. Ghaiyyath ran just once at three, winning the G3 Prix du Prince d’Orange, and after taking the G2 Prix d’Harcourt to kick off his 4-year-old campaign he made waves when winning the G1 Grosser Preis von Baden by 14 lengths. That performance prompted a 2019 G1 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe bid, but after making the running over the very soft going Ghaiyyath faded to tenth.

The bay put that blip-his only off-the-board finish in 13 starts-firmly behind him this year as a 5-year-old, however. After kicking off proceedings with an 8 1/2-length score in the G3 Dubai Millennium S. in February, he returned to Europe to best last year’s G1 Derby winner Anthony Van Dyck (Ire) (Galileo {Ire}) in the G1 Coronation Cup and none other than Enable (GB) (Nathaniel {Ire}) in the G1 Coral-Eclipse and Magical (Ire) (Galileo {Ire}) in the G1 Juddmonte International. Ghaiyyath was last seen finishing second to Magical in the G1 Irish Champion S. on Sept. 12, and had been set for a bid at the Breeders’ Cup before his setback.

“Ghaiyyath has had a fantastic career winning nine of his 13 races,” said Appleby. “His high-class cruising speed and relentless style of galloping was a joy to watch and as I have said before, this year he came together both physically and mentally and looked the finished article. It is obviously disappointing not to be taking him to the Breeders’ Cup but the exertions of a long season, which started in Dubai in January, were starting to show and the decision has been made to retire him. He was an outstanding part of the Moulton Paddocks team and I know that his numerous top-level successes gave our principal, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed, a great deal of pleasure.”

Ghaiyyath is bred on the same Dubawi over Galileo cross that has produced Darley’s exciting young sire Night Of Thunder (Ire). Ghaiyyath’s page was enhanced after his purchase as a foal when his half-sister Zhukova (Ire) (Fastnet Rock {Aus}) won a pair of Group 3s in Ireland for Dermot Weld and the GI Man O’ War S. in the U.S. before being bought by Godolphin for 3.7-million gns at Tattersalls December in 2017. Zhukova has yearling and colt foals by Dubawi, while Nightime has a yearling full-brother to Ghaiyyath bought by Godolphin for €1.2-million from Goffs November last year and a colt foal by Kingman (GB) slated to sell at the same sale next month.

Joe Osborne, managing director of Godolphin in Ireland, said, “Ghaiyyath is a great addition to our roster: his superior ability as a racehorse combined with his looks and his pedigree will make him a sought-after option for breeders. We are delighted he will be standing at Kildangan Stud next season.”

The post Ghaiyyath Retired To Kildangan appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

Tips for Horse Owners, Choctaw Spanish Mustangs, and More Must-Click Links of the Week

Welcome to our link roundup, where we share our favorite stories from around the Internet! Know a link that should be included? Email it to americasbestracing@gmail.com!  If you’ll excuse me, I’ll be drooling over this Maryland horse farm that’s for sale. Anyone want to give me $3 million so I can just buy it? (Baltimore Sun) 

Read More...

Source of original post

EquiLottery Enters Licensing Agreement With NBA

EquiLottery Games, the leading live sports lottery game developer, announced today that it reached an agreement with the National Basketball Association (NBA) that will see EquiLottery launch a new, officially-licensed lottery draw game based on the outcomes of NBA games. Using the marks and logos of the NBA and its teams, EquiLottery Games will create a lottery game, Slam Dunk Dollar$, that is scheduled to run throughout the next NBA season. The NBA lottery game will complement the other team sport games that EquiLottery Games is offering.

Based on the patented game platform developed by EquiLottery Games, Slam Dunk Dollar$ will be created in the same format as the company's other team sports games. Players purchase a quick-pick ticket that features 10 pre-selected NBA games. Winning tickets match anywhere from 7 out of 10 winning teams to 10 out of 10 winners, with four prize tiers and overall odds of just 6 to 1. Earlier this year, EquiLottery Games announced that the system powering these games has been completed; lotteries will now be able to implement the NBA-themed game.

“We are proud to welcome the NBA into the EquiLottery Games family of live lottery sports games,” said Brad Cummings, Founder and CEO. “Combined with our other league partners, the NBA relationship allows us to offer year-round games to U.S. lotteries based on popular team sports under the same game format.”

“The EquiLottery Games product is an innovative new offering in the lottery space and offers our fans yet another way to engage with NBA games,” said the NBA's Senior Vice President of Fantasy & Gaming, Scott Kaufman-Ross. “We are excited to bring this new product to market as this new gaming category emerges.”

The post EquiLottery Enters Licensing Agreement With NBA appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Verified by MonsterInsights