2021 Longines Gran Premio Latinoamericano Postponed

The Organizacion Sudamericana de Fomento board–in conjunction with LONGINES–announced the 2021 renewal of the Longines Gran Premio Latinoamericano and Longines Cup, will be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Originally scheduled for this spring, the event will now be staged Sunday, Oct. 24th 2021, at Hipódromo Nacional de Maroñas, Uruguay.

The post 2021 Longines Gran Premio Latinoamericano Postponed appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

All-Sources Handle Down for Abbreviated Woodbine Meet

All-sources handle was down more than $50 million at $462,041,545.76 compared to $516,189,419.44 in 2019 for Woodbine’s shortened 2020 Thoroughbred meet, which started late and concluded early due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The meet ran 96 days with the start being pushed back from Apr. 18 to June 6 and the end date moved up from Dec. 13 to Nov. 22. The abbreviated meet resulted in 35 less race days and 305 less races.

“Like many businesses, the COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted our business and the entire horse racing industry in Ontario,” said Jim Lawson, CEO, Woodbine Entertainment. “However, I am very proud of how we responded and look forward to working with all of our stakeholders as we continue to manage the ongoing impacts caused by the pandemic.”

In Woodbine’s home market area, wagering on Woodbine Thoroughbred racing was $54,810,867.06, down 41% compared to last year. In 2019, Woodbine Racetrack contributed $28 million to the all-sources handle on Thoroughbred racing. This year, Woodbine Racetrack only contributed $124,000 to the overall handle due to being closed to the public for most of the year.

However, wagering on Woodbine Thoroughbred racing continued to be strong in foreign markets, generating $391,395,974.30 in all-sources handle, which is down less than 3%, despite running 27% fewer race cards. Handle per race was also strong at $509,417.36, up 19.6% year over year. Field size per race was 8.9, up from 8.2 the year prior.

The post All-Sources Handle Down for Abbreviated Woodbine Meet appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

2021 Kentucky Derby: Churchill Planning For Reduced Capacity, To Utilize All-Inclusive Ticket Plan

Though this year's Kentucky Derby was pushed from the first Saturday in May back to Sept. 5 by the global COVID-19 pandemic, and held without fans in attendance, Churchill Downs is planning to have at least limited spectators for the 2021 Run for the Roses.

According to wkyt.com, the track sent a letter to premium ticket purchasers this week. Churchill indicated that it is “planning for a capacity in line with today's protocols,” but that officials are “hopeful that we may be able to extend seating options for additional guests as we get closer to the 2021 Derby and Oaks dates.”

New to the seating arrangements in 2021 will be an all-inclusive ticket plan, with food and beverages included, which is intended to reduce patrons' need to spend time in lines, the letter said.

The 2021 Kentucky Derby is scheduled for Saturday, May 1.

Read more at wkyt.com.

The post 2021 Kentucky Derby: Churchill Planning For Reduced Capacity, To Utilize All-Inclusive Ticket Plan appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

COVID-19: Golden Gate Fields To Remain Closed Until Dec. 26

With the continued regard for the safety and well-being of 1/ST RACING employees, those working on the backstretch and the community at large, and in following the best guidance from local health authorities, Golden Gate Fields' leadership has decided to continue its temporary suspension of live racing at the Albany, Calif. track until the scheduled opening day of the winter meet on Dec. 26.

Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Golden Gate Fields has implemented stringent health and safety measures including, strict social distancing, masking policies and regular COVID-19 testing with isolation requirements for any positive cases or identified close contacts.

On Nov. 13, Golden Gate Fields announced a one-week temporary closure to address a COVID-19 outbreak that was then extended until Dec. 4. Since then, all track facilities have undergone thorough cleaning and track-wide COVID-19 testing has been administered to all 1/ST RACING employees and to all those who work on the backstretch. The track will continue testing until all tests are returned negative and will continue to collaborate and share all testing data with the Berkeley Public Health Division (BPHD).

All positive cases are overseen by the BPHD or the neighboring public health departments, as appropriate, through their respective case managers. Positive cases are required to isolate as per local health protocols and are not able to return to Golden Gate Fields until health clearance has been provided by the BPHD or the corresponding public health department.

The 1,300 horses stabled onsite will continue to receive the daily care and exercise they require.

The post COVID-19: Golden Gate Fields To Remain Closed Until Dec. 26 appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Verified by MonsterInsights