Registrations Open at Goffs Online to Bid at Arqana Breeze-Up Sale

Buyers are required to register at Goffs Online to bid online at the 2021 Arqana Breeze-Up Sale, Arqana announced on Saturday. Registrations for bidding online are now open. Online bidding on the sale will only be available at Goffs Online, not Arqana Online, the French sales company stressed. For the second year in a row, the 2-year-old sale, which features 158 juveniles, will be held at Goffs UK's Doncaster sales complex due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. The breezes, which will start at noon, will be conducted at Doncaster Racecourse on May 26. The May 28 sale will begin at 11 a.m. local time.

The post Registrations Open at Goffs Online to Bid at Arqana Breeze-Up Sale appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

Claiming Period to Cash Tickets in NJ Extended

The claiming period for pari-mutuel tickets and vouchers has been extended from six months to 12 months in the state of New Jersey thanks to a bill enacted by the New Jersey State Legislature and signed into law by Governor Phil Murphy May 11. “We appreciate the continued support that Gov. Murphy and our state legislators have shown for horse racing throughout the state,” said Dennis Drazin, Chairman and CEO of Darby Development, LLC, the operators of Monmouth Park. “This legislation provides a much-need grace period for people who were unable to cash winning tickets or vouchers due to the impact of COVID-19.” The legislation stipulates that, “winning outstanding pari-mutuel tickets purchased from the beginning of Sept. 16, 2019 and ending on the date of the end of the Public Health Emergency declared by the Governor in Executive Order No. 103 of 2020 and as extended shall be eligible to be claimed and shall be payable during the period ending one year following the end of the Public Health Emergency.”

The post Claiming Period to Cash Tickets in NJ Extended appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

Source of original post

New Jersey Extends Deadline For Uncashed Pari-Mutuel Tickets

Bettors who were unable to cash outstanding pari-mutuel tickets and vouchers last year due to the COVID-19 health crisis now have additional time to do so under a bill enacted by the New Jersey State Legislature.

Bill S3198, which was signed into law by Gov. Phil Murphy, went into effect on May 11. It extends the claiming period for pari-mutuel wagering tickets and vouchers from six months to 12 months from the date of issuance or sale.

The bill was sponsored by State Senators Richard J. Codey and Vin Gopal and Assemblymen Ronald S. Dancer and Ralph R. Caputo.

“We appreciate the continued support that Gov. Murphy and our state legislators have shown for horse racing throughout the state,” said Dennis Drazin, Chairman and CEO of Darby Development, LLC, the operators of Monmouth Park. “This legislation provides a much-needed grace period for people who were unable to cash winning tickets or vouchers due to the impact of COVID-19.”

According to the legislation “winning outstanding pari-mutuel tickets purchased from the beginning of Sept. 16, 2019 and ending on the date of the end of the Public Health Emergency declared by the Governor in Executive Order No. 103 of 2020 and as extended shall be eligible to be claimed and shall be payable during the period ending one year following the end of the Public Health Emergency.”

The extension covers pari-mutuel tickets and vouchers purchased at racetracks, off-track wagering facilities and casino simulcasting facilities throughout the state.

The post New Jersey Extends Deadline For Uncashed Pari-Mutuel Tickets appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Live Racing Returns To Fort Erie Race Track On June 15

Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium announced Friday the rescheduled opening day for Fort Erie Race Track. Live racing for the 2021 racing season will return on Tuesday, June 15 at 4 p.m. This year's racing season was originally scheduled to begin on June 1 but due to an extended provincial lockdown, the track's opening day was postponed.

Thursday, the Government of Ontario announced a three-step plan to gradually reopen the economy. Horse racing will be allowed to reopen in Step One of their 'Roadmap to Reopen.' Live racing will resume on June 15 pending the province meets its target to complete 60 percent of first dose COVID-19 vaccinations for adults in Ontario.

“We are very grateful that the province has recognized the importance of racing in Ontario in Step One of their 'Roadmap to Reopen,” said Drew Cady, general manager of the FELRC. “All the horse people at the Fort are following strict COVID-19 protocols in order to get this racing season up and going as soon as possible.”

Live racing at the border oval will take place on Mondays at 1 p.m. as well as Tuesday afternoons at 4 p.m. Following strict COVID-19 protocols in line with the provincial government, the track will remain closed to spectators. The backstretch remains open to essential workers who oversee the care of the horses.

Three race days will be lost at the start of the season. The FELRC may consider adding these race days at the end of the season, however, this is to be confirmed and pending regulatory approvals. Despite the delayed meet, Fort Erie has increased the number of race days from 40 to 42 for the 2021 racing season.

The post Live Racing Returns To Fort Erie Race Track On June 15 appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

Source of original post

Verified by MonsterInsights